Can I alter the frame rate of an animated GIF by script?

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 19:30:06 EDT 2004

on Mon, 10 May 2004
Graham Samuel wrote:

> Folks, I'm struggling with animated GIFs again -
> they can behave strangely in earlier versions of
> Windows (like ME); and even with Windos XP,
> sometimes starting one animation (showing in a
> button with the GIF as an icon) can stop an
> animation already running in another button...

Hi Graham,

Look at this approach to show animation in
your stack:

<http://geocities.yahoo.com/capellan2000/Vector_Animation.gz>

<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2004-January/028707.html>

<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2004-January/028759.html>

Abraham Wouter created a professional example of
a filmstrip player. You could write him for a copy.
I think that the name of the file that he sent me is
"MetamoviePlayer".

Notice, Graham, this is one of the best way to have
animated png or vector graphics in your stack!

The animated png format is mng, but it's still a
work in progress.

Scott Rossi created this walking animation example,
some time ago:

<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2003-November/025499.html>

Good luck and keep us informed of your advances
in this area.

al

=====
Visit my site: