Can I alter the frame rate of an animated GIF by script?

Graham Samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Mon May 10 14:22:59 EDT 2004

Folks, I'm struggling with animated GIFs again - they can behave strangely
in earlier versions of Windows (like ME); and even with Windos XP,
sometimes starting one animation (showing in a button with the GIF as an
icon) can stop an animation already running in another button... anyway I'm
trying all sorts of workarounds to these problems, and it occurs to me that
I could reduce the number of animated GIFs in my app (which might be a
cause of these difficulties) if I could change the frame rate of an
animated GIF on the fly. So far I haven't found anything in the
documentation about this: can anyone say if it's possible and if so, how to
do it?

TIA

Graham