Finger pointing

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Wed Mar 31 14:11:20 EST 2004

For some time I have been using a utility which allows me to create
"hot" text. (I know  there is a more conventional word for this but I
can't remember it.) That is, text which has "hot" word which the user
can click on to get information. In my  case, I use the hot word, not
to generate more text, but to generate a pointer, a hand with  an
extended finger. (No, not that finger.) I too am a believer in
visually oriented help utilities.

For example, if the text refers to an image, say a persons spleen,
then by clicking on the word "spleen" (colored red to identify "hot"
words) would show a finger pointing to the spleen. The plugin
facilitates making the association between the hot words and the
associated pointer location on the screen. Just click on the word and
then on the site--while in the "define" mode.

I have finally put it into a more user-friendly form and some may
find it useful.

I put it on my web site:

http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/

You will find it under the Utilities and titled "Pointer tool"

A word of warning. As I have said, I am an
instant-gratification-programmer. So back up before trying this at
home.

Jim