Optionkey always returns "up"

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 31 08:23:20 EST 2004

This happens a lot a an office here near me.
After months of trying to figure this out it turns out that they like
to eat lunch over the keyboard.
I'm not kidding.
I took the keyboard apart and there was a piece of dried fruit under
the option key.
It also happened to the space key a couple of times.

This may not be the same problem you are seeing but after that I always
check for food first.

P.S. Even after this they still eat over the keyboard. Some people will
not learn or change.

True story.

Also, I had an old desktop keyboard that the nine key liked to stick
from time to time but that would stick in the down position and not in
the up position. I replaced the key itself and it worked for awhile.
The only thing I've seen to stick in the up position was the food item.

Tom