Script menu : View : Autocomplete

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 15:32:41 EST 2004

--- Alain Djemaa <alain.djemaa at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Autocompletion doesn't work on my engine.
>
> "Autocomplete" is not marked with a "V", but with a
> diamond.
>
> I can't remove it, it's marked, it's marked, and
> inoperative.
>
> Can you tell me why ?

Bonjour Alain,

When a menu has a 'diamond' in front of it, that's
similar to a grouo of radio buttons : only one item in
that section of the menu will have a diamond in front
of it.

In this case, you can switch between 'Auto-complete',
'Find and replace' and 'Go to line' modes. Each of
these modes serves a dfferent purpose, reflected below
the script editing area.

The autocompletion of the script editor is far less
intrusive than the one in say Visual Studio.NET --
where if you're not careful, it will happily insert
whatever it feels like.

As you type, you'll see Transcript terms appearing
below the script editing area, with a number in front
of them. If you see the one you want, you cn save
yourself some time by typing Control-<the number>

Example : when I'm in the script editor, and I type
  on m
The editor will show a series of messages :
  1.mouseUp 2.mouseDown 3.mainStackChanged 4.menuPick
(and in this case, a whole lot more).

Type an 'o' after that, and you get
  on mo
And the editor will show the messages :
  1.mouseUp 2.mouseDown 3.mouseDoubleDown
(and a couple more).

Suppose you wanted the 'mouseDoubleDown' message ; you
can save yourself from typing it all in by pressing
Control-3

Hope this clarified things,

Jan Schenkel.

=====