Screen vs Page vs Card

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Mar 29 09:08:54 EST 2004

Judy Perry wrote:

> I disagree, FWIW.  Conceptually, the two sets are *very different*.
>
> Books are necessarily LINEAR.  How do you explain a non-linear book?
> (Okay, you can present the case of an encyclopedia or dictionary, but
> they're the *exception*, not the norm).

I would only advocate _adding_ "book" and "page" as _synonyms_, and only
if there were no performance or other downsides.  Under no circumstances
would I advocate removing "stack" and "card".

> Besides -- has ToolBook really had the same impact that Hypercard has?

HC users looking for alternatives have likely found them by now.  But
ToolBook users may not be aware that a simpler way of delivering to
multiple platforms is available. When they get around to discovering
Rev, it would be nice to support their scripts without modification.
Tokens have been added for SuperCard and OMO compatibility, so this is
consistent with the engine's history.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation