(long) Transparent IDE elements and other problems

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Sat Mar 27 22:23:37 EST 2004

If your iBook disk is thrashing, it is most likely a memory issue:
you're probably hearing memory being swapped furiously to disk, which
also in turn is going to degrade performance exponentially.

Have you tried running a memory utility to see how much is being used?

With all this said, and my (hopefully polite) disagreement to some of
your design decisions, I'd be really curious to see some of this
firsthand- it's certainly dug up some spirited discussion. Would you be
willing to share a copy offlist?

- Brian