(long) Transparent IDE elements and other problems

j j at clsdesignassociates.com
Sat Mar 27 18:57:33 EST 2004

> If you're trying to move 50 images of scenery (all with blue sky let
> say) from the back of an album of 500 images in front of the images of
> trains (say they're all very dark), even the smallest size, where you
> can't pick out any features, has its uses.

True, it's just there are better ways of implementing the software's
interface for this use.  We can list specific, exceptional instances to
justify nearly every design option, no matter how silly (for example,
assigning keystroke mnemonics to every menu item and button); that
doesn't mean they are good interface design choices for the target
audience.

J.