Invitation To Draft Symbol Table Specs

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Mar 27 08:39:13 EST 2004

Morning All,

 From time to time I have advocated the development of custom symbol
tables to support:

	*  The global declaration of constants
	*  Explicit data typing of variables, including support for pointers
	*  Definition of record structures and structure field names
	*  Direct handling of system calls from within Transcript

I am now at the point where I intend to flesh out the symbol table
concept in greater detail, create a working symbol stack the Run Rev
team could use as a starting point when adding symbol table support
to the compiler, and post the full proposal on Bugzilla.

Rather than work in a vacuum and have others who have an interest in
this point out the shortcomings of my proposal after it is released,
I hereby extend an invitation to anyone with a strong interest in
variable typing and accessing O/S calls directly in Transcript to
join a [hopefully] small, [for sure] private group to address these
issues jointly.

Anyone who would like to participate should eMail me privately.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company