Menu items

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Thu Mar 25 23:05:24 EST 2004

sez hershrev at realtorsgroup.us
>I have an option button, the menu items needs to be editable, that if
>the list doesn't contain the necessary item the user should be able to
>add it.  I used the "use stack menu" .  I used menu pick to trigger the
>  script when a user selects a menu item , It doesn't seem to determine
>different items  ?
   Not sure if this can do what you need, since it's just a button rather
than an honest-to-God *menu*, but hopefully it'll shed some light on your problem.

Given: an option-type button
Given: said button's (menu) contents include a number of arbitrary items, the
last one of which is "Edit me"

on mouseUp
  put the selectedText of me into DisUn

  switch DisUn
  case (whatever Line 1 of the button is)
    # code for handling the first option
    break

  case (whatever line 2 of the button is)
    # code for handling the 2nd option
    break

  case "Edit me"
    put me into Fred # save the current menu
    ask "What new item would you like to add to this menu?"
    put it into George
    put George & return before the last line of Fred # the *last* line is
"Edit me", right?
    # if you want to alphabetize the menu, or play other games with it, do so
here
    put Fred into me
    break

  default
    # code for handling anything not already taken care of
  end switch
end mouseUp

   Hope this helps...