unhelpful SOAP examples

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Mar 24 19:14:40 EST 2004

Well, I finally decided to dive into the SOAP examples stack today and
was a bit dismayed to find that two of the three RPC SOAP examples
don't work (anymore - I assume they once did). The Babelfish example
returns "this service is currently disabled" and the Great Circle
example gives a nice 404.

So does the complex SOAP call example. Well, all right... it tries to
use the same url as the Great Circle example.

My favorite, though, is the zipcode findZipDetails example which
returns "error 500 Internal Server Error". Maybe runrev could set up
some SOAP services on its *own* server to use as examples rather than
relying on external urls that come and go with the whims of the
marketplace?

And I can't leave off without mentioning the weird click-and-drag
effect on the Great Circle example. It took me a while of studying the
script code before I figured out that you have to can't click *on* one
of the two buttons, you have to click somewhere else - then button 1
moves to the mouseLoc, and you drag the cursor to where you want
button 2 to end up. Not at all intuitive.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net