printing from Rev

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Wed Mar 24 13:21:03 EST 2004

I'm trying to work out a good printing procedure.  What I've got is a stack
with several cards containing text, graphics, etc. that need to be printed.
I want to give the user the option of choosing which cards to print and
which not to print.  I'm thinking I could just mark the selected cards and
then send them all to the printer using "print marked cards".  The only
problem is that my printing involves fields that might have content not
immediately visible (scrolling).  If I print a card, will the entire
contents of fields be printed, or only what's visible on the screen?  If it
will only print what's visible on the screen, I'm assuming I'd have to use
some combination of print, revPrintField, revPrintText, etc.  Seems like
kind of a nightmare, especially considering that the two methods have their
own ways of displaying page setup and print setup dialogs from the OS.

Does anyone have a good method for printing that kind of combines all the
above things into one handler?

Thanks,

Chris Sheffield
Software Development