Externals inside the MacOS X package?

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Wed Mar 24 02:52:34 EST 2004

The easiest way of all is probably to create a _stack_ with it's
externals property already set, and then put both the stack and the
external in the package. That way, your application can just "start
using" the stack whenever necessary, and you can even make updates to
that stack without rebuilding the standalone- it becomes your
update-able core library.

In order to find things in the package, make note of the default
"directory" setting differences between stacks and standalones (as
should be in the archives a few places), and use a relative path. (i.e.
"." means current directory, and ".." means up one directory)

HTH

- Brian