Split followed by Transpose

Glen Bojsza gbojsza at mac.com
Tue Mar 23 09:33:22 EST 2004

This really clears up everything....but then the question I have to ask
is why would you have one command (split) create a 1D array and have
another command that only works with a 2D array (transpose)?

Would there not be a greater benefit if the split command or another
"new" split command support the creation of a 2D array? Arrays are very
powerful but if you need to write repeat loops to work with them in one
direction you seem to lose a lot of the power.

I would love to hear what others think about this...maybe I'm missing
the point?