selecting a text field - a few questions

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Mar 23 07:57:05 EST 2004

Hi Doug,

> 1. If I select a text field and place the insert cursor in the text,
> the
> text field gets surrounded by a blue box. What property is that?

That is the "showfocusborder" property...

> 2. The blue box mentioned in (1) above disappears if I select another
> text
> field, but not if I select another control, like a graphic in the same
> card.
> Why is that?

The text-selection in a field will disappear when:
1. you make another text-selection
2. when you click a button with its "traversalon" set to true
3. and probably in other situation, that i don't know in the moment ;-)

> 3. Sometimes the insert cursor doesn't appear. I can type, but I have
> no
> confidence as to what the start point is. Is there a way to force the
> insert
> cursor to appear to avoid that problem? It is hard to duplicate.
> Usually it
> appears when I select the text field, but I can repeat the same action
> and
> sometimes it won't appear.

This is a mistery, that i also encoutered very often...

Most of the time there are other controls overlapping that field
(1 pixel seems to be enough), but sometimes there is NO apparent
reason...

And you are right, it is hard to duplicate.

Hope that helps...

> Thanks,
>
> doug

Regards