[OT] Spelling

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Mar 23 06:46:31 EST 2004

Hi Ken,

> Sorry, everyone, but after seeing multiple posts by people (not only
> on this
> list, but elsewhere as well) where certain words are consistently
> misspelled, I felt that it was time to make a quick post about those
> words
> in the hope that it would help us all communicate better in the future.
>
> ------
>   "loose" is the opposite of "tight", as in:
>      "This bolt is loose."

> Thanks,
>
> Ken Ray

Amen, brother!!!

And while we are at it:

The comparative degree has to be used with THAN (with an A, not an E!!!)
"Later than i thought..."

Yes it does :-)

"Then" is something completely different!!!

Thank you very much, all you native english speaking persons!

Regards from germany ;-)

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
www.major-k.de