Building a standalone - problem 1

jcwall at jaguar1.usouthal.edu jcwall at jaguar1.usouthal.edu
Tue Mar 23 05:58:59 EST 2004

I wonder if somebody could help me with building a standalone, a
task which is new to me.

Here is what I am doing.  I have built two main stacks;
“SLDataCollection” which I use to collect and store data and
“SLResults” which is essentially a single card where I place the
results for printing.  Everything works as planned on my mac
(PowerBook G4, 10.3.3).

Now I would like to build a standalone.  Since I will be collecting
and storing data the  “SLDataCollection” stack cannot be a
standalone, therefore, following the docs and much advice from
this list, I have mad a single card stack which will act as a splash
screen.  This stack has a small animation and includes the
following script:

on openstack
  set the loc of me to the screenLoc
  start using stack "SLDataCollection"
  start using stack "StepLengthresults"

animation stuff here - hides and shows fields

  lock screen
  go stack "SLDataCollection" in window "StepLength"
  unlock screen with visual barn door open
end openstack

I have put the two original main stacks in a folder “SLStuff” which is
within a folder that contains the splash screen.

The first problem I am having is that this splash screen hangs up
because it cannot locate the stacks in the start using commands.  If
I open these stacks and close them again the splash screen works
fine.  In reading the docs I think that I have to provide a filePath to
these files in the “SLStuff” folder.  I have spent a frustrating few
hours trying to get this done without success.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated - and I haven't even built the standalone yet!

Jim Wall