Database Experience

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon Mar 22 22:25:56 EST 2004

On Mar 23, 2004, at 12:19 AM, Bruce Robertson wrote:

> And you do? MySQL does? I don't think so.
>
> The internet is stateless. If you want to build a custom record locking
> solution for web transactions, you can do it and you will face the same
> issues in any  system. It only takes a very simple calculation in edit
> privileges to accomplish.

uh... I use XML and a little array. when record is accessed, the arrays
(hum... actually is not an array, it's a queue) is checked, if the
record is in the arrays, this meaning it's being edited right now, then
it cannot be accessed, if it's not in the array, then it's unlocked.
This is done before any DB connection function. It works fine. what do
you think?

Cheers

--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004 ð BRAZIL