Sort problem

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Mar 21 23:11:58 EST 2004

On Sunday, March 21, 2004, at 03:42 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Martin, Jim, thanks for verifying. I think I'll bugzilla this. I'm not
> sure if it is really a bug or not, but it seems like the "sort
> container" command should use the current line and item delimiters.

I read the doc as saying these apply to chunking expressions.  That
would me that itemDelimiter would work, but lineDelimiter would not.
That is, I don't see "sort line" as a chunk expression.

However, we might be able to come up with a list of places where "line"
is used where "linedelimiter" should apply or might be handy.  I wonder
if there are places where we would not want it to apply.  Maybe in
script compiling.

Dar Scott