FreeBSD help?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Mar 21 14:59:21 EST 2004

I decided it was time to get things running on a linux/unix box, so I
set up a FreeBSD system, that supposedly being one of the supported
platforms. That process went fairly smoothly, and I downloaded both
the linux and unix 2.1.2 distributions, just to be safe. (And, yes, I
did install the linux-binary compatibility module). The results are as
follows:

The linux executable gives the message "Couldn't find the program
revolution".

The FreeBSD executable won't run after being expanded from the .gz
archive. I set the permissions, but the OS insists that it's a file
type "application/octet-stream".

So I tried the 2.1, 2.0, and 2.2 engines to see if something had
screwed up in the 2.1.2 build, but the results were all the same.
So... does anyone have this running on a non-OSX FreeBSD installation?
Is there something I'm missing in the installation or is this just
Another Unsupported Platform these days?

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net