Twostep compiler?

A.C.T. albrecht at act-net.com
Sun Mar 21 13:06:09 EST 2004

Moin, Andre,

point taken! :-)

My reply is: Self-modifying code should be forbidden by law, I really
though we got over that about 20 years ago ;-)
And: Decoding bytecode is not necessary, if the byte code is precompiled
code (like in JAVA or PHP, which uses precompiled "twostep" code to
speed up things). Doing a full interpretation of plain text really will
be the slower solution compared to bytecode. I wasn't only thinking of
"encryption" here but also of safety, performance etc.
The more "data" has to be loaded the less CPU cache can be used to
actually EXECUTE the code. I was used to calculate CPU cycles to make
the best of my code, so again this may just be my (wrong) development
background :-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Marc Albrecht
A.C.T. / Level-2