ANN: New plug-in: 2lz2
klaus at major-k.de
Sun Mar 21 09:25:03 CST 2004
i am proud to present a new and very handy plug-in :-)
(...not to say a REVOLUTIONary one...)
2lz2 (Tools, too) a.k.a. TPIFKAH2
(The PlugIn Formerly Known As Heim2 :-D
(Hint: Check the menu-button "misc..." first for "Help" and "Prefs"!)
This little palette will let you:
- Select the location, where the palette will open on startup
- Create new stacks with predefined or custom size
- Add Drag'n'Drop functionality to your new created stacks
- (Yes, it does, see the preferences ;-)
- This will only for files with a suffix!
- Sorry, not enough time to check the creator codes on a mac...
- Open ANY stack on ANY platform*
- (No more trouble on a mac ;-)
With one click you can:
- Navigate through your cards...*
- Go directly to specific cards in your stacks*
- Open the docs
- Open the Application Browser
- Toggle "the selectgroupedcontrols"
- Create a new card
- Delete the current card (Handle with care, this is not undoable!)
- Open the "Inspector" for the current object, card or stack
- Edit the script(s) of the current object, card or stack
*Pressing the ALT-key will lock messages
You can edit/set the loc and width/height of the currently selected
(only ONE object is supported right now) directly in this palette...
Less mouse miles ;-)
3 batteri... ehm very smart tools included:
- Create a "report" for selected stacks and save that info as text-files
- and/or a stack...
- This handy palette provides a collection of your
- favourite stacks for immediate access...
"Einstein" (silly name, i know ;-)
- Will convert the ABSOLUTE paths of your image- and player-
- objects to RELATIVE paths and lets you select "the directory"
- for the relativity...
Will only work for files that reside INSIDE that directory or its
So you can:
Work with absolute paths (per Drag'n'Drop) in development and let
"Albert" do the conversion before building your standalone :-)
Last, but not least, it provides a menu, that will send some useful
commands to the stack under the cursor (the mousestack)...
Press ESC to cancel the "delivery" :-)
Give it a try, won't hurt! ;-)
All preferences are being written outside the Rev-/plugins-folder:
You will find a new folder "major-k" with 2 pref-files (plain text)
Mac OS <=9xx:
Windows 95, 96, 97, 98, 99:
Bootvolume:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/
Bootvolume:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/All Users/Anwendungsdaten/
Check it out!
It's just 31 KB and FREE!!!
Get it here:
.. and check the scripts ;-)
klaus at major-k.de
In case someone is interested:
I actually created this li'l sucker for ME, so i can at last make the
switch from the MC UI, which i have been using exclusively for years
until today, to the RR UI, which, for me, lacked just these little
Hope you like it as much as i do!!! ;-)
More information about the use-livecode