Drawing inside images

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Sat Mar 20 01:53:12 EST 2004

Jim,

> If you're just plotting x-y data, it is very fast to set the points of
> a polygon to the scaled data. I just plotted a sine wave 300 pixels
> wide and the response to adjusting the amplitude with a slider is
> virtually instantaneous.

Yes, you're right : I've tried that already and it's pretty fast...
Although drawing inside images offers more possibilities :
resizing, rotating, blending, exporting...
Furthermore, polygons (and graphics in general) don't have
antialiasing in Rev yet (although it's a feature that some list
members have been asking for since 2001) and the display
can sometimes look ugly...

JB