Questions about the new Application Builder (was RE: Revolution 2.2 Release Candidate - Color problems)

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Fri Mar 19 18:54:59 EST 2004

> Well, it looks pretty different to me, but the real issue is that
> it's rock
> solid in the IDE and different in the standalone (different
> pattern and - I
> think - colour, and different behaviour when a group is dragged across a
> patterned area), all in the same machine and environment. So it must
> somehow be to do with the AB. Maybe some pattern that's in the IDE isn't
> included, but there are no options for doing that. Can you suggest any
> other approach? I'm about to try the whole thing on OSX (Jaguar).

Unless I can see this I don't know how I can help. If you could send me a
screenshot in the ide and one in the standalone perhaps that might help?

> Two other questions/issues from early use:
>
> 1. I think the way of saving the Application Builder settings is a bit
> counterintuitive: they're now stored in the mainstack
> representing the app
> which is to be built, aren't they? But the 'Save' menu item is greyed out
> when the AB window is at the front, so one ends up pushing the window out
> of the way, getting some apparently unrelated window to the front (in my
> case, a splash screen) and then saving. Seems strange.

Sounds more like an issue with the file menu than the standalone settings
window but I'll take a look. The settings window ensures that if you change
any settings and go to close your stack using one of rev's interfaces that
it asks you if you want to save.

> 2. In Windows XP, if another app comes to the front and hides the AB
> settings, the AB window isn't shown in the dock-like bar at the bottom of
> the screen, so it's not easy to get back to the settings window without
> minimizing stuff to find it on the screen. Is this expected behaviour?

Only toplevel windows are represented on the taskbar on windows.

Cheers

Monte