A few questions

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Mar 19 12:02:49 EST 2004

Ken Norris wrote:

> 1) If I upgrade my G4 350mHz to 1gHz Sonnet board, will I have any troubles
> with Rev 2.2 and Panther? Anyone else here done this?

While I haven't used a Sonnet upgrade with OS X, I've had good
experience with Sonnet boards in the past, and still have one running OS
8.6 on my "Frankenmac" (a PowerComputing clone upgraded with Sonnet,
best computing value I ever found).

> 2) I will have to deal with stacks in another Mac and a Windows PC before
> they might be finished. Since neither machine will have the IDE aboard, and
> because the filepaths will be different than in the dev Mac, I need to make
> a simple Rev Player. Just a stack with a startup memory error dialog (Main
> stack/engine), some icons, and a launch window. Is that OK? Is that how to
> do it?

That's how I do it, all the way down to the error dialog as mainstack.

To resolve differences between OS X and Classic/Win/Linux, I often use
this function to obtain paths to external stack files:

<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/metacard/2002-September/002553.html>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation