Multiple Language Support?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Mar 19 10:46:41 EST 2004

On 3/19/04 7:05 AM, "David Burgun" <dburgun at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> The App I am building needs to support multiple languages (e.g.
> English, German, French etc., so all text in each of the many windows
> and controls needs to be able to be display in each of these
> languages (and there are about 8 or so).
>
> Has anyone else done this? Any suggestions as to the best way to
> achieve this would be most welcome.

One place you can start is here, although this does not specifically involve
the use of Unicode:

  http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/metacard/tips/lang001.htm

Basically, the process I've used is to keep all translated material outside
of the stack in separate files, and tag each text string in the documents
with an ID tag so you can swap out language text in the stack at will via
the ID numbers.

There is also pretranslated database offered by Rob Cozens that might help:

  http://www.oenolog.com/ftp/serendipity_downloader.htm

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director