OT two+ buck a gallon gas AAARRRGGGGHHH

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 18 17:28:31 EST 2004

On Thursday, March 18, 2004, at 01:56  PM, Michael J. Lew wrote:

> Geoff Canyon suggested that :
>
>> Anyone who's overly concerned should check out "The Skeptical
>> Environmentalist," which surveys the environmental situation and
>> points
>> out that we're often not as bad off as we think we are:
>
> I'm afraid I can't let it go by without comment. That book and its
> author has been widely discredited by real environmental scientists.
> Businesses, governments (US and the current conservative Australian)
> and many ordinary people like the book because it says "Don't worry,
> it will all be OK in the end". But it is misinformation put together
> in a way that might be most politely described as damaging > distortions.
>
> There are a great many resources available for anyone interested to
> find the truth or otherwise of the assertions in the book, but I think
> this article (a transcript of the Australian ABC radio program The
> Science Show) is an excellent start because it contains the views of
> both Bjorn Lomberg, the book's author, and Dr Peter Raven, President
> of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
> <http://www.abc.net.au/rn/science/ss/stories/s495345.htm>
>

> Regards
> --
> Michael J. Lew

What a joke. "Peter Raven: George Schaller, the great conservationist
of the Wildlife Conservation Society in New York properly said at a
conference on biodiversity held in Washington, DC a few years ago, "We
cannot afford another century like this one". "

As soon as I figured out that anyone having to do with biodiversity &
the Wildlife Conservation Society was considered real environmental
scientist I was reminded of the great plan for Global Governance these
environmental-wako-nazis have planned for planet Earth. Just do a
search for "Global Governance" to see what's really behind the big
money grab attempted at Kyoto, Japan.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/Depts/global/

Timeline to Global Governance
http://www.sovereignty.net/p/gov/timeline.html

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/science/projects/worldmap/

from a religious website:
Wildlands Project/Biodiversity Treaty Maps
http://www.discerningtoday.org/store/wildlands_bio_treaty_maps.htm

enough already...