now it's SQLite (was... Re: Newcomer)

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Thu Mar 18 16:56:47 EST 2004

On Mar 18, 2004, at 6:38 PM, Michael Reade wrote:

> A couple more questions...
>
> Any idea when SQLite external might be coming out? And while we're on
> the
> subject, can SQLite be used as a server for multiple clients too?

Don't know the date, but they said it was near.

SQLite per se cannot be used as a server, unless, you make your server
app and the server app takes care of all those network transaction
stuff then interface locally between the server app and SQLite.

This could easily be done with my ServerWorkz plataform (yes, I had
marketing classes in the film school), it's a nice plataform, you can
check it running here at my home, providing nothing goes wrong with
MacOS X, the hub, the cable modem and the ISP by pointing your favorite
browser to http://home.soapdog.org:8081/

Check the about link, it explains how the framework works and best of
all, it's not a static webpage it's actually a stack running in the Rev
IDE (yes... since I started this project I leave Rev IDE running 24/7
with that stack open ALL THE TIME!!! While I am coding, I disable
screenshot feature so that no one see my mistakes ;-) )

Cheers
Andre

--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004