asynchronous messages and answer dialog

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Mar 18 02:41:38 EST 2004

Recently, "rodney tamblyn" <rodney at infiny.co.nz> wrote:

> Just to be very clear here.  In my opinion:
>
> x is among the lines of the windows
>
> ... and...
>
> there is a window x
>
> .... should be synonymous for purposes of checking for existence of
> window x.  This is not the case at the moment.

So it sounds like you're thinking "the windows" should return a list of all
stacks, regardless of whether or not they are open.  Maybe this would in
fact be clearer from a semantic standpoint, but if you need something to
test against now, it might be worth noting there is a specific function for
this: revLoadedStacks[all].  So you should be able to test if a window is
"present" (revLoadedStacks) versus "present and open" (openStacks or
windows).  Perhaps the RunRev folks added the function to maintain backwards
compatibility?...

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director