OT two+ buck a gallon gas AAARRRGGGGHHH

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Mar 17 16:10:06 EST 2004

Marian Petrides wrote:

> Dang.  And I thought $1.75 a gallon was a rip off.  Glad I don't live in
> CA!
> On Mar 17, 2004, at 1:58 PM, Judy Perry wrote:
>
>> (and gas not priced at $2.25+ per gallon).

Get used to it --  the "peak oil" moment seems nearly here, and finally
starting to get attention in mainstream media:
<http://www.smartmoney.com/barrons/index.cfm?Story=20040315>

On the bright side, it needn't be a problem so long as there's a desire
to be proactive about it:
<http://solstice.crest.org/>
<http://www.rmi.org/>
<http://www.geni.org/>
<http://www.hypercar.com/>
<http://www.sustainablebusiness.com/>
<http://www.realgoods.com/shop/shop3.cfm>

And tons more:
<http://www.google.com/search?q=peak+oil+alternative+energy>

FWIW, my office is mostly lit with compact flourescent bulbs, I do most
of my errands by walking or riding my bicycle, and contractors and
employees are encouraged to telecommute.  These things are easy for just
about any company to do, and provide immediate ROI while also helping
the long-term bigger picture; better profits and a better planet at the
same time. Be wary of naysayers:  sustainability makes business sense.\

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation