shell command oddity...

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Wed Mar 17 12:17:03 EST 2004

Hi Mark,

I would suspect a problem with the httpheaders or the
socketTimeoutInterval global values or, perhaps, the need to add a "&"
at the end of your "POST" request.

Here are the two first values i use for my own :

> -- only needed on the client-side part of your app :
>
> set httpheaders to "Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" &
> return
>     post "is001=5&is002=" & word 1 of fld "account" of stack
> "addnewuser" & \
>         "&is003=" & word 1 of fld "password" of stack "addnewuser" & \
>         "&is004=" & word 1 of fld "biblio" of stack "addnewuser" & "&"
> to url (testurl() & "istream.xml")

> -- only needed on the server-side part of your app, if exists.
>
> set the socketTimeoutInterval to "10"

Hope this help,

Best, Pierre

Le 17 mars 04, à 17:05, Mark Smith a écrit :

> Hi All, following the excellent advice found on this list a while
> back, I've been experimenting with the shell "curl" stuff to access an
> https site.
>
> Here's the problem: using the exact same URL,
> A: "https://" etc typed into a browser window - no problem
> B: curl "https://" etc. typed into the Terminal app in OSX - no problem
> C: From a rev script using shell - ie. put shell("curl" && quote &
> "https://" etc & quote) into fld 1 -
> about 3k of the 30 odd k of html arrives in fld 1, last line ending
> with "Unexpected Error 1".
>
> Perhaps a character set problem? I'm stumped, so any help would be
> much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark
>
> PS. I'm not trying to crack into a banks web-site or anything, I'm
> simply trying to download the freely displayed odds from an on-line
> bookie....

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

psahores (at) easynet.fr

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:      +33 1 41 60 52 68
Dom:    +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:      +33 1 64 45 05 33

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Applications et SGBD ACID SQL (WEB et PGI)
Penser et produire "delta de productivité"