Database Experience

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 11:02:56 EST 2004

--- jbv <jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr> wrote:
> Actually, my whole Linux & Postgresql will be
> installed
> for me by my ISP on a dedicated server.
> So, can I assume that the right drivers will be
> installed at
> the right place, and that all I have to do is
> install the Linux
> Rev-cgi engine, and then make a call to
> 'revSetDatabaseDriverPath'
> in my scripts (with the right path) to be up and
> running ?
>
> Thanks,
> JB

Rev+PostgreSQL+Linux guru Pierre Sahores might give
you more detailed advice, but I'd say that once your
ISP has installed the server, you'll need to :
- install the cgi-engine in the right place
- upload the database-drivers to the server
- write your cgi-scripts, using
'revSetDatabaseDriverPath' to point the cgi-engine to
the database drivers.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====