Database Experience

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 10:59:27 EST 2004

--- Richard Harrison <harrison at all-auctions.com>
wrote:
> I see a lot of people talking about MySQL, what
> about FileMaker Pro?
> Especially the new version 7?
>
> Are there reasons that people aren't using FileMaker
> Pro?  Isn't it
> quick enough or does it not interface well with
> Revolution?  Isn't it
> multi-user?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Rick Harrison

Hi Rick,

Just speaking for myself, I'd say it's because
FileMaker can only be reached via ODBC or in a
roundabout fashion via its WebCompanion and
http-calls, thus requiring complex setup.
Moreover, before FileMaker 7 its database
underpinnings were no match for the likes of MySQL,
PostgreSQL, Oracle,...

Jan Schenkel.

=====