Database Experience

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 07:33:12 EST 2004

--- paolo <mazzapaolo at libero.it> wrote:
> I want to connect to a MySQL database from the
> revolution engine posted on
> the CGI-BIN folder of my server provider
> (linux/apache).
>
> I guess I need the MySQL library  for  linux ...
> but... where can I find it?
> I found the
> libmysql.dll for windows ... what about the library
> for Linux?
>
> ciao Paolo

Hi Paolo,

In your (GUI) Revolution directory you'll find all the
database drivers for Linux in :
 /components/global
environment/database_drivers/linux/
You'll find the revdb library for Linux here :
 /components/global environment/revdb-Linux

I managed to get it working on Windows by copying the
libraries straight into the same folder as the
cgi-engine.
But I'm sure others can give you advice on where to
place them for Linux.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====