SoCalRevDevCon = too much? too far?

SimPLsol at aol.com SimPLsol at aol.com
Tue Mar 16 11:29:50 EST 2004

SoCalRevDevCon is more than a mouthful. I vote for an abbreviated name:
RUG-LA (or perhaps RUG - SoCal).

Someone wrote that LA was too far from Fullerton. I have been attending these
meetings for a year now and drive in from San Dimas (almost as far as
Fullerton). The legendary Rob Couzens often drives down from Boonville (about 450
miles) - and he plans to attend this next meeting as well. The multitalented Ken
Kray visits from Wisconsin (about 2300 miles). There have been guests from San
Francisco and Fresno. And, since this meeting is being held at his place, I'm
sure THE Richard Gaskin will also be there!

I believe this to be the largest regular gathering of Rev Wizards in the US.
Every meeting I've learned more than enough to justify the trip!

The meeting scheduled for the 24th promises to be especially valuable. Rev.
users (at all levels) will help build our "wish list" for Rev 3.0; I will have
many comments and questions regarding the interface. Other participants will
certainly have good questions and wise observations regarding other parts of
Revolution. The meetings are always "spirited", this one should be especially
so!

I would encourage any serious Rev. user within driving (or flying) distance
of LA to come on the 24th; help us help you.

Sincerely,
Paul Looney
Simple Solutions