animated gifs

Andrew alw918 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 16 01:51:24 EST 2004

Hello, everyone.  Could someone please lend me a hand with some advice
for using animated gifs?
1. How do I stop a gif on a given frame? (such as when a button is
pressed)
2. How do I flip a gif horizontally without losing the frame sequence?
3. How do I hide a currently playing gif and show a different gif,
starting on a particular frame of the new gif?
(Are gifs still running even if they are hidden?  Does this consume
memory?)

One more unrelated question:
I'm still having trouble with my "ask" window not appearing on my
windows standalone due to something ill in my script, and the only
suggestion that has been made is to replace "greater than or equals"
signs with ">=".  I have done this, but windows still seems to find
fault in my scripts, and it shows its disapproval by refusing to show
my ask boxes.  Is there any other thing that I should replace in my
scripts to appease windows?

Thanks a lot!
-Andrew