External to add accounts to AppleMail

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Mon Mar 15 21:28:31 EST 2004

If anyone's interested, I need to hire someone to write an external for me
for a project I'm working on for an ISP.  I basically need an external that  I
can use in Revolution on the Mac that will permit me to:
1)  Check and see if an email account is already present within Apple  "Mail"
application.
2)  If it isn't, create a new email account, with variables provided
(account description, full name, incoming mail server, username, password,  outgoing
SMTP server, SMTP authentification set to "password", mailserver  username,
mailserver password)
I am aware that I can input most of this data into AppleMail already with
Applescript, but I really need to be able to do all this checking and additions
without launching the Mail app.  (Plus, if the mail app doesn't have any
accounts set up, it puts up a popup that you can't get rid of with  Applescript).

This external needs to work in Mac OS 10.1, 10.2 and 10.3.
If anyone is interested or has further questions, please let me know
privately.
- Rob (rgould8 at aol dot com)