QuickTime content, gamma and Graphics modes, some notes

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Mar 15 08:15:01 EST 2004

On Mar 14, 2004, at 10:41 PM, rodney tamblyn wrote:
> A related issue is differences in gamma levels between Mac and
> Windows.  I've found that adjusting the gamma settings in the Display
> control panel (Settings ->Advanced) on the PC can make a huge impact
> on the display of QuickTime content.  Depending on your application
> you may wish to advise users to check/adjust these settings.

Gamma is always an issue that must be dealt with when working with
images or video for cross-platform delivery.  Rather than asking
Windows users to readjust their gamma I would suggest altering the
video when you compress.  You can usually find a good balance that will
display well on both PC and Mac.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia