Upgrade version and pricing [was] Re: Fix it before

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Mar 15 04:16:26 EST 2004

Jan Schenkel wrote:
> --- Frank Leahy <frank at backtalk.com> wrote:
> -- Distribution builder fixes -- bug fix.
>
> You mae it sound like nobody could build stand-alones
> with the old one. Granted, the new standalone builder
> is easier to use and has more features.
> But to call a rewrite and new interface  a bugfix ?

I can personally attest to this one.  Monte Goulding did a ground-up
rewrite which not only offers new features but also provides radically
improved convenience and performance.  Among other things you can now do
one-click instant builds.

The new Application Builder underwent an extensive UI review, in which
Monte solicited input from the members of the Improve-Rev list and
incorporated a lot of it into the new design.

This one is no simple bug-fix, but an earnest and well-executed effort
to make app building significantly more streamlined, and it succeeds in
spades.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation