delete vs empty variables

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Mar 12 15:58:22 EST 2004

On Friday, March 12, 2004, at 01:21 PM, Robert Brenstein wrote:

> Except for one warning: variables that are arrays are omitted by those
> functions.
>
> Or was this fixed lately? Admitedly, I haven't checked the most recent
> release. It was not considered a bug as Scott did it this way by
> design.

on mouseUp
   put "a" into x
   put "locals: " & the localnames & LF
   put "a" into x[1]
   put "locals: " & the localnames & LF after message
end mouseUp

==>

locals:

locals:

If this actually tests what you are talking about, then maybe it has
been changed.

I prefer to see arrays as values (in Transcript) and not a special kind
of variable.  That opens the doors to nice things.

I thought maybe I had discovered a faster "is an array" test.  Oh, well.

Dar Scott