delete vs empty variables

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Mar 12 13:18:25 EST 2004

Hi hershrev,

> Hi all,
> what is the (practical)  difference between deleting a variable and
> putting
> an empty into a var. ? except that this delete completely the whole
> var and
> empty just putts an empty.

Deleting a var will clear it from memory, setting a var to empty will
simply empty
it, but it will still occupy precious space in memory, ready to get
filled again :-)

>  when I close a sub stack the locals don't delete or empty , so how do
> I delete
> or put empty in all var's with out needing to spell out all of them ?

You could create a repeat-loop with "the localNames", which will supply
a return-delimited list of the names of all local vars...
See the dox -> localnames
See also -> globalNames

> Thanks ,hershrev

Hope this helps...