OT: Touchscreen technology

hershrev hershbp at realtorsgroup.us
Fri Mar 12 12:16:06 EST 2004

I'm trying to build a typical kiosk app. for a restaurant . Now I need
to enable the owner to add categories and items as menus change.
In FileMaker Pro you create a relation and  drop a button on the portal
(grid) and every additional record adds a  button thru the relation.
(if no relation is active the portal is empty) and uses the text for
button name the field contents. Other wise saving buttons in seperate
files , I think is a pain. Now back to the question how is it done in
real db, ? ( currently I use PostgreSQL )
Thanks , hershrev
p.s. if you have a copy of fileMaker I could email you the solution I
have. or if you want you could dl it from www.filemaker.com