How Do I Select Text in a Field?

Gardner, Joseph A joe.gardner at nwa.com
Thu Mar 11 18:45:42 EST 2004

Ken, the field is a plain scrolling field with a vertical scroll bar. The following Basic Properties are checked:

Visible, Don't wrap, Opaque, Focusable, Show border (Border width 2), Hilites: Autohilite text

Text is Courier 12 point left justified

The field displays the contents of a file selected from a list field. This list is refreshed (because files are being added to the storage folder at random intervals) with the following button script:

on mouseUp
  getFiles - checks the contents of the storage folder and puts the list in the list field
  send mouseUp to me in 60 seconds - so I click the button once and it runs all day :)
end mouseUp

Could this activity be causing the text to be deselected? Is there a better way to time a repeating task to allow for normal stack operation?

Appreciate the great help!

joe.