Saving snapshots to files

A.C.T. albrecht at act-net.com
Thu Mar 11 16:28:59 EST 2004

Moin, Wilhelm,

I am trying to learn "Transcript" and I still seem to learn better by
looking at working code, if the documentation is as incompatible to my
brain as Revolution's doc is.

>     put char (LastSlash + 1) to Laenge of LongDateiName into Dateiname
>    put char 1 to (LastSlash - 1) of LongDateiName into NewDirectory

This smells like "basename" and "dirname" to me. Aren't these standard
function available in Revolution? I would like to have a list of
standard-functions listed against their Revolution versions (repeating
the discussion about "reinventing the wheel"), perhaps this also would
help those list members that try to port C-code to Transcript?

Your routine to search for slashes might run into trouble if the user
wanted to include slashes in his filename, it would have to take care of
the platform (I guess) and eventually even look out for quotation marks
(as slashes in filenames are allowed everywhere as long as they are
escaped correctly).

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Marc Albrecht
A.C.T. / Level-2