Fix it before moving ahead

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Mar 11 11:58:17 EST 2004

On Thursday, March 11, 2004, at 07:08 AM, Rob Cozens wrote:

> Perhaps one reason why I have a lesser sense of urgency toward fixing
> all known bugs before addressing any enhancements is that, AFAIK, none
> of the known bugs crash my applications or the computers they run on:
> the bugs relate to the Rev Dev environment, not to the MetaCard
> runtime environment.

Rob, just because you happened to walk through the woods without
falling into a pit does not mean somebody else with a different
destination or different path would not.  Are you going to claim that
since you didn't fall into a pit that there are not pit, the woods are
safe?

If you debugged your applications to keep them from crashing, does that
mean you had to modify your application to avoid engine bugs?  That
doesn't make the bugs go away.  Did these fixes mean less features to
your customers?

I agree that Dev environment bugs are less important.  However, the
resources for fixing IDE bugs are probably more available.

There are lots of bugs not even in bugzilla for lots of reasons, but
partly because of the fix rate.

There are engine bugs.  They should be fixed.

Dar there-be-engine-bugs Scott