OT: Touchscreen technology

cteno4 cteno4 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 11 00:17:18 EST 2004

Hersherv,

well its pretty much the same as any other metacard/rev app. you can have
the screens built by db data and pieces on the fly or make cards that
have all the art/buttons on them. i have done it both ways. usually if
its a large project then ill have a card for each screen with standard
nav butons and then art in shared backgrounds and screen specific text
and media brought in from files on the fiy. if its a small project then i
just art each screen as a card. for really huge standardized displays you
can jsut make template cards that jsut fill in the blanks from files on
the fly.

only other differences are making the buttons at least 3/4" square or
larger for fat little fingers to hit and spacing them well so you dont
hit the one next to it. also usually fill the whole screen with your card
or blank any extra edge screen out with the backdrop function and kill
any menubars. also dont try to do drop down menus or little radio or
check boxes, too small to hit with fingers. content wise you want bite
sized chunks of content that fit on a screen (no scrolling if possible).
and remember to keep things short and to the point, folks are on thier
feet and probably wont browse for a half an hour. in exhibits you are
doing reallly well if you retain a visitor at a kiosk for 3-5 minutes!

cheers,

jeff

use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote on 3/10/04 11:07 PM

>Hi, while wer'e at it , can I have a brief understanding on how to
>build a kiosk app. ? How and were the buttons are stored, in a db ,
>diferent cards or what ever ?
>Thanks, hershrev

Jeffrey H. Reynolds
6620 Michaels Dr.