VT100 Terminal Emulation App

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Wed Mar 10 20:05:40 EST 2004

Has anyone created a VT100 Terminal Emulation Application in Rev? We
have a host system (Mas90) which seems to work perfectly in Terminal on
OS X but the Admins seem to have had a great deal of problems with
Windows and particularly key mappings (most notably function keys up to
F12 which is not normally part of VT100). They report that key mappings
are difficult between Macs and Windows which I find difficult to
believe. There solution a few years ago was to buy a Windows only 16
bit commercial software program called DejaWIN. They now want to
upgrade to the 32 bit version of it (which is still Windows only) and
I've got to think there is a better way.

As long as a VT100 core application can do the normal things like ASCII
characters for borders, text and background colors, etc., I can't see
that this would be a very hard program to write. It might be just a
little extra work to program the extended key mappings for whatever the
system wants.

Seems like a good fit for a Revolution app where we can specify the key
mappings and know they will work cross-platform.

Bill Vlahos