Chinese version of business game - problems with text import to fields

Albert A. Angehrn albert.angehrn at insead.edu
Wed Mar 10 12:09:44 EST 2004

Hi - even if I receive this list since ages, this is my first posting.

I am still using MC2.4 and I have developed and distribute since years a business simulation game which is used in all the top US university to teach managers about change and innovation.

The problem I am struggling with is the Chinese version (which should be ready asap as there is already a big demand there). I have looked around and tested, but it looks like I am not even able to make the simplest thing - import text in from a unicode-saved text file, then use unidecode() to display the text in a field - you can find a brief description of my problem with pictures at http://www.calt.insead.edu/eis/chinese/ ).

Could you help me to understand what I am doing wrong, or redirect me to somebody who can? I have all the translated texts now. Just need to be able to integrate them in text fields and button names :)

Thank you very much in advance

-albert

CALT - Centre for Advanced Learning Technologies

INSEAD, Fontainebleau, France