AVI/WMV Playback Control?

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Wed Mar 10 06:38:37 EST 2004

At 10:44 10.03.2004 +0000, you wrote:
>>I use mci to record and play audio (wave files) on Windows XP using MC.
>>It still works perfectly in 2004. In MC you use "get
>>mciSendString(....)"  For instance:
>>
>>put "open" && quote & orglyd & quote && "type waveaudio alias myAudio"
>>into tstring
>>get mciSendString(tstring)
>>
>>get mciSendString ("status myAudio length")
>>
>>There are two stacks in the Developers area: mciSendString and mciMidi.
>>These may put you on the right track.
>>
>>Signe Marie Sanne
>
>Thanks Signe.  Please could you give me the link to the developers area,
>it's so long since I've been to the MC site, I don't have the link anymore
>and it's not referenced directly on the site itself!

Actually I wanted to provide the links for you, but did not find them.
However, using Go_RevNet under Web Links I found this one:
http://www.flexiblelearning.com/xtalk.htm. Look under Utilities. I also
have a stack MCIRecorder, can't remember where I found it. Perhaps someone
else on the list may help us.

1. amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne      e-mail: signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Romansk Institutt                            tel:  +47 55 58 21 27
Øisteins gt. 1
5007 Bergen             http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/hjem/default.html
Norway