Crashing with print card

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Mar 9 21:36:35 EST 2004

on 3/9/04 9:00 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com at
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 09:08:39 -0700
> From: Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com>
> Subject: Re: Crashing with print card
>

> On Tuesday, March 9, 2004, at 12:30 AM, Ken Norris wrote:
>
>> Something is drastically wrong. I got my stack sized down for
>> printing, but
>> the printer goes a little over half way and stops, and my Mac locks
>> up. It
>> happens every time, (4 times) although sometimes it doesn't get that
>> far.
>
> Are you referencing an image?  I think there is a bug.  There is a
> workaround in the bugzilla entry.  I think I saw it will be fixed soon.
>
> I also have an occasional crash on OS X, so that may be something
> different.
------------
It gets much, much worse! I had the stack working properly today, then I
saved it and tried a print routine that uses a snapshot. I essentially
imported a snapshot of the first card, cut the image, created a card, and
pasted it into that card. Then I printed that card.

This worked (except for a few minor margin problems.) However, I didn't want
to keep the card, so I deleted it.

Guess what happened? -- It wiped out the entire stack. I had been saving
right along, so I closed and removed from memory. Then I opened it from the
file, and got the same thing. Totally wiped stack. A day's work GONE.

I rebuilt the stack from scratch and did even more saves. This time I went
through the print procedure by hand and got a print.

When I went to save the stack again, it wiped itself out AGAIN. Another 3
hours of work wasted.

How can this be?

I wish someone could explain to me why this is happening? I'm very close to
giving up.

In OS 9, how much memory should I allocate to Rev? I know the file is good
sized, but nowhere near enough to be causing these problems.

Also, why would printing a card need to know anything more than the screen
info? It seems to be trying to fit the whole image file in there for no
reason I can think of. Has to be a bug.

Ken N.